22nd Annual Hank Aaron State Trail 5K Run/Walk
August 13, 2022 8:30 am
One of Milwaukee’s favorite summer traditions is back in 2022! Family-friendly, fast & flat chip-timed course in the heart of Milwaukee.
The in-person event features our usual flat and fast, chip-timed course through beautiful Three Bridges Park crossing the Menomonee River, through restored prairie and providing a dramatic view of American Family Field in the home stretch. This route is steeped in history and located along Milwaukee’s former rail and industrial corridor.
– Participate in person or virtually – whichever works for you!
– Great live DJ music will keep your feet moving even after you finish the 5K
– Beautiful route through Three Bridges Park crossing the Menomonee River, through restored prairie and providing a dramatic view of American Family Field in the home stretch
– All participants receive a commemorative t-shirt and 22nd Annual Hank Aaron State Trail 5K sticker
– Family-friendly, strollers welcome
– Prizes for teams and top 3 male and female runners in fifteen age categories
– Race results available on the day of the event
– Teams of 8 or more get a registration deal AND logo on their t-shirts! Also eligible for team prizes!
– Race proceeds support ALL major initiatives of the Friends of Hank Aaron State Trail
IN HONOR OF THE PEOPLE OF THE ROAD
The event’s artwork changes every year to celebrate all there is to love about the Trail! This year’s art features the People of the Road Sculptures which pay tribute to the thousands of workers who built the locomotives and rail cars made in Milwaukee Road’s Menomonee Valley Shops. The 5k route goes right through the heart of the former Milwaukee Road Shops which flourished from 1848 to 1985. People of the Road is a powerful reminder of the role the Milwaukee Road and its employees played in the history of Milwaukee and beyond. The Friends of Hank Aaron State Trail completed the fundraising and installation of this five-sculpture historical monument in July of 2020, and it is part of the 2022 5k route.